Introducing Solstice® N71 (R-471A)
Solstice® N71 (R-471A) is Honeywell’s newest non-ozone depleting, non-flammable, HFO based refrigerant, which helps our customers lower their carbon footprint and improve energy efficiency without sacrificing end-product performance. It’s the < 150 GWP, non-flammable HFO refrigerant blend for new equipment in medium temperature applications.
Refrigerant of choice for new systems across wide applications
Optimal for commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration, Solstice® N71 (R-471A) is applicable for new systems, across various applications, including:
- Cold Storage Warehouses
- Industrial Process Refrigeration
- Ice Rinks
- Convenience & Drug Stores
Given its distinct benefits over R-404A and CO2, Solstice N71 (R-471A) is an optimal choice to:
Meet your sustainability goals: Honeywell’s Solstice N71 (R-471A) refrigerant is an environmentally preferable solution that will enable a more sustainable future. With GWP <150, Solstice N71 (R-471A) also provides energy efficiency improvement of 30%* compared to CO2 and 13% versus R-404A, helping you reduce your overall CO2 footprint (Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions). Solstice N71 is a low-pressure refrigerant – driving lower leak rates and is compliant with state and federal regulations.
Ease your installation and maintenance process: Solstice N71 offers you the ability to utilize a wide array of system architectures that best fit your store design while keeping the system safe, serviceable, and energy efficient.. In contrast to CO2 based system deployments, which demand specialized skills and capabilities, Solstice N71 (R-471A) refrigeration systems follow standard installation and maintenance practices, requiring no elite skillset and experience. Besides installation, the handling, storage, and transportation is same as any low-pressure nonflammable refrigerant. So, whether it’s installation or maintenance, of a Solstice N71 (R-471A) refrigeration system, you have easy access to experienced and skilled engineers to do it for you.
Lower your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): With Solstice N71 (R-471A) you save on energy cost, and because it utilizes conventional refrigeration equipment and practices, you don’t end up paying a premium for deployment and services. Further, it reduced risk of any catastrophic failure, which assures no breaking the bank to meet unexpected expenses related to these failures. You stand to benefit on both a Capital Expenditure and OPEX front.
Get In Touch With Us
If you are a Sustainability Leader, Refrigeration Engineer, Equipment Manufacturer, Refrigeration Systems Contractor, or a Consultant and planning a new refrigeration system for any of the applications listed above, do get in touch with us to learn more about:
- How can we help you meet your sustainability goals?
- How can you reduce cost and run your refrigeration system eco-efficiently?
- How does Solstice N71 (R-471A) have an edge over CO2 and R-404A?
*Based on thermodynamic analysis
*Based on thermodynamic analysis with following conditions:
- Evaporation Temperature of 20F for R404A, R471A and CO2
- Evaporator Superheat of 9F for R404A, R471A and CO2
- Suction Superheat of 18F for R404A, R471A and CO2
- Compressor Isentropic Efficiency of 65% and Volumetric as 100% for R404A, R471A and CO2
- Ambient Temperature of 85F; Condensing Temperature for R404A and R471A is 105F (20F TD; 0F Subcooling) and for CO2 Gas Cooler Outlet Temperature is 89F (4F Approach Temperature)
- Gas Cooler Pressure for CO2 is 83 bar which is 1204 psia
- Capacities R404A, R471A and CO2 are matched